Shanghai

So. Living in Shanghai.
So far it has been fun, a lot to see and do, great food and drinks, but also very distracting. I have not got as much work done as I thought I would. Or should have by this time. But in the few months I have been here I have had time to travel back to Rizhao a couple of times, showed visitors around the city, been on many lunches with my good friends Pim and Kim, having a lot of dinners, visited the Shanghai aquarium, walked around a lot, been to the fake market, ordered some clothes from the fabric market, celebrated Finish independence party with ca 400 other finns, celebrated Christmas with our good friends John and Kim, celebrated New Year with great friends, food and drinks here at our place, and…. You see? There is just so much to DO here!! Especially around christmas and new year. Now I hope it will calm down a bit so that I can get some undisturbed days in the studio.
Oh, wait, we still have the Chinese new year coming up, with a planned trip to Harbin and the ice festival there, and I have to find a new apartment…

*big smile*

A very late studio update:

I did get a commissioned painting finished, so thats good, and I have started on the next one. I have 2 other new paintings on the go and a few new pages in my art journal. In this case pictures tells the story better than words, so here they are:

A Barnowl, commissioned by my good friend Rain.

Blue tits from my own photos. Only two layers on the birds, waiting for more!

Naumanns thrush with some interbreeding by dusky thrush. More layers to come soon.

Page from my art journal, mixed media. White wagtail.

Same here.

Studio.My small painting corner.

My desk.

Another angle.

Night view from my window.

Same view during the day.

Sunrise early one morning.




Comments

  1. Upeita tauluja. Kiva kun tulit Inspiraatio Keskiviikko ryhmään.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts