Beijing - funny bits and pieces in red

Last weekend we were invited to a wedding in Beijing. It was one of my hubbies colleagues from ABB who tied the not, and we were honored to be invited. The ceremony was held outside in a park, and the dinner in a nearby restaurant. Altogether about 400 guests, and we were the only foreigners. It is the biggest wedding I have ever attend to. I will write a separate post on the weddings I have been to here in China with pictures later.

Today I have nothing important at all to share, just some funny pictures I took from an art gallery area near the hotel where we were staying at in Beijing. It was the Art 798, an old mill that have been converted to artists galleries and shops. While walking there I saw odd red things and sculptures everywhere, and I started taking photos of them. It made quiet a fun collection, so I thought I would share it with you!

First of: the most interesting thing in the whole exhibition area. Flowers made out of copper and casting beautiful shadows.

798 Beijing.

Small men in a window.

Yes, Dala horses!

Dino 1, 2 and 3.


Some kind of rabbit, maybe?



The boys (John and my husband) found the old mill itself the most interesting. Later we got told that it has been an old mill making things for the Chinese army, although not weapons.

And last: I saw this tree when leaving the 798 area. It is the second time that I see a tree getting help in this way, but this time I had the camera in hand. For some reason I find it funny. 

Otherwise there were not much that caught my interest. It was a really nice are to walk around in, but the art itself shown there was not in my taste. The first two exhibitions that we saw were the most interesting, the shadow copper flower picture above was from one of them, and the second was a showroom with artifacts from Tibet. 

We had some beautiful thunderstorms, and that eased up the heat a little. It is getting very warm here now, up to 30-35 degrees during the days. Luckily this week they have promised a little bit less and more rain, so I am happy.

Comments

Popular Posts