Pigs and 'mouse-ears'


Well, I guess that everybody in Europe already heard the news about the dead pigs that was found in the Huangpu river in Shanghai. Depending on which news site you read, they have cleaned the river from everything between a few hundred pigs, to up to 6,000 pigs. And still the Chinese authority claims that the water is safe to drink... The sad part is that even if people would get sick by drinking the water now, we will never know of it. What people don't know hasn't happened. And as they have cleared that the water is safe, it will stay safe according to the authority no matter what happens. That's local politics for you!
Here are some pigs whose fate I hope have been better than ending up rotting in a river. Taken on the highway between Rizhao and Qingdao:




Now it is not only the much warmer air that shows that spring is coming, I found some flowers and some trees on my morning walks this week that has dared to come to life again:




And as we have Easter soon approaching, I thought I would inspire you with this colorful picture of some coloured chickens you can buy here at the local market. Don't ask me how they colour them, I don't think I want to know...


So: Happy Easter in advance, and for you in Finland: enjoy some mignon eggs for me please!!

Comments

  1. Glad to hear you are doing alright! And I must say, I don't want to know how they color the chicks either, hahaha! But I must admit they are nice and colorful. I didn't know they celebrate easter in China btw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, they don't celebrate easter here! ;-) Very few christians here, so most of the people in this town has no idea what easter is! These chickens are just someones idea of cuteness, and I don't think they live very long after that people buy them...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts