Inktober 2018 week 2.

It's Friday again. Time flies when you are having fun. The inktober challenge has been keeping me busy in a good way. Picasso stated once that "Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working".  And how true I find that to be! The first few days I just drew something, but now 2 weeks in the challenge of drawing every day I have so many ideas that I need to write them down in order to remember them for the future. How awesome is that? One thing leads to another, and then another, and... well, you get the picture.

On a totally different topic: I have joined Twitter. There were a few artists that I wanted to follow that did not have Instagram, but I found them on twitter. So I created an account to be able to follow them. I have always thought of Twitter as something only text-based. How wrong I was! The artist's community on Twitter is enormous! And as I am not too fond of Facebook these days, it is nice to be able to follow artists on another platform than FB.

Why not check me out there? https://twitter.com/MoedKorpelaArt 

But now back to my latest ink drawings and paintings:

Day 6. Eurasian pygmy owl. How cute is this tiny owl? They are only about 18 cm. I decided to paint it straight with acrylic inks. Not too bad, but I do prefer watercolours!

Day 7. Same owl, but this time I decided to do a 'proper' drawing. It looked a little boring, so I added a little splash of colour, and I like how it turned out.

Day 8. A peony. A sketch for a peony painting I am working on at the moment, and I needed to decide on the flower to paint. I wanted to try this one out, and I liked it so much that it ended up on the canvas. ( A commission I will be able to share with you next month)

Day 9. I wanted to try my hand at a landscape. The acrylic inks behaved quite nice on a gessoed surface. I did 2 versions, one on paper that I glued in my art journal, and then one straight on the gessoed page.

The whole page in my art journal.

Day 10. Pied Avocets. Ink, acrylic inks and a little bit of white acrylic. These birds are on my bucket list to see in real life. 

Day 11. Another drawing/Painting of Pied Avocets. This time I used watercolours instead of acrylic inks for the colour, and it was so much nicer to work with!

Day 12. Today's effort. I wanted to do another landscape, and this time an autumn scene. Ink drawing and then a little bit of bright acrylic inks on top of that.

That was it for this week, more next week! Have a great weekend!

Comments

Popular Posts