A last update from the studio for a while.

It is almost time! My luggage is packed and I am ready to leave. Now I just have to wait until it is time to go to sleep, and then very early tomorrow morning we are off! I have 7 weeks in Finland to look forward to. I am so excited!

Since I have everything ready, I thought I would share a few last things from the studio. 

Ural owl. Watercolour on cotton paper. Very happy with this one. 

My desk earlier today before I cleaned up.

Snowy owl. This is a commission that has proven a little difficult. I had quite a clear picture in my head from the beginning of how I wanted it to look, but it took me 6 tries to get it down. I have found that this is often the case with me. If I just start painting and experiment without a specific goal it is much easier to get a nice result. If I on the other side have a very specific picture in my head, then it takes several takes before what I have on paper or canvas mirrors the picture in my head. Now that I think about it, I would probably had gotten the results I wanted long ago if I just had made a big watercolour painting. I have to try that when I am back in September!

Watercolour in my big art journal. I do not think I have shared this page. It was an idea I had for a watercolour painting, but now when I look at it again, I think it would be nice to paint it as a bigger acrylic painting.

Another new page, this time from my square journal. The page to the right I have shown before, and I remember that I wanted to paint the same subject again but try and make it more abstract. 

The feeling of this page is much nicer, and I do like the more expressive use of colour in the background. Now I just have to paint it on watercolour paper!



Comments

Popular Posts