In the studio today.

This week I have revamped my blog as you can see. I liked how my blog looked before, but then something changed with the template I used. I decided to go through the other templates that blogger offers and see if I would find anything else that I like. I also wanted to find something that would look similar to my website. This is what it became.
I have also added some new elements to my website. I created a second gallery, so I now have two galleries. One gallery for watercolours and one for acrylic and oils. I also decided to start using the blog of my website as a 'news' section.

I think I have mentioned this before, but I have been thinking about it a lot the last few weeks. After quite a long pause from my studio last autumn, I came back refreshed and realized that I did not like my own art. If I don't like my art, why should anyone else? So when we moved apartment and I had the opportunity to set up my studio again and start fresh, I decided to only continue working on the paintings that made me happy. I can tell you that it wasn't many I even wanted to continue painting on anymore. So, as a result, I have been experimenting a lot in my studio lately. I want to 'find' my own (and new) voice in my art. This has resulted in my artwork changing direction slightly, and I am very happy with the change. I'm not there yet, but slowly, one painting at a time, I will.

This is an 'artist vs art' meme. A lot of artists are doing these at the moment, and I thought that I would join in the fun as I have been loving seeing them. I think they originally started with artists who draw and paint people. This way you would be able to see if it is true that most artists paint a little bit of themselves in the faces of other people and characters. I do not paint people, but hopefully, you will still be able to see a little bit of me in my art.

Crested Grebe. These are not totally finished yet, I think. I want to add something more to the background, but I haven't figured out what yet.

The grebes, and the next watercolour painting taking shape underneath.

I filmed the process of these wagtails, and that will be my video for Youtube on Tuesday.


In this weeks video, I painted a landscape in pastel. I have not used pastels for over 15 years I think. I had forgotten a lot of how to use them, but they are so creamy and nice that I think I will be using them again soon. I just have to choose either another subject or paint bigger...

The magnolia has gotten its first layer of oil on the petals. I really like this painting.

That was it for this week. I wish you all a wonderful weekend!

Comments

Popular Posts