Christmas cards in watercolours.

It's raining/snowing outside. Or something in between anyway. In any case, it is wet. It just turned 4 o'clock in the afternoon, and it is already dark outside. I had forgotten how dark it is here in Finland during the winter. But with fire, sauna and hot drinks it is very cosy!
So yes, we came to Finland yesterday. I will stay for a little more than a week, then I will fly for 10 days to Spain before returning to Shanghai. It will certainly be a busy month for me. I have already packed almost the whole apartment into boxes so that I am prepared for the move on the 21st of December after arriving back to Shanghai on the 20th... So we will enjoy Christmas in the new apartment!

Christmas cards. The last two weeks I have been painting quite a few Christmas cards and turned it into 3 videos for the month of December. The first video is already uploaded, and I am now editing the next 2 videos. They were all a joy to make, and I had a lot of fun making them. Below is the first batch of cards I made:

Christmas cards 1&2. Watercolour background with birches in acrylic. Painted on Arches 100% cotton watercolour paper.

Christmas cards 3&4. The first is mostly acrylic, the second is a watercolour background with trees in acrylic. These and the rest of the cards are on Canson cold pressed watercolour paper.

Christmas cards 5&6. Watercolour background and trees in acrylic.

Christmas cards 7&8. Acrylic colours.

Here they are all together.

More Christmas feeling.

8 o'clock this morning and still dark. I couldn't wait to get back inside and lit a fire and make a hot cup of tea!

3 o'clock this afternoon. The light snowfall we did get turned into rain. December usually is quite dreary. We have to wait until January and February to get to enjoy ice, snow and cold frosty air. And then I will be back in Shanghai. Who knew I would miss winter so much... It is a different kind of beauty to nature this time of year.

And last: the video of how I made the cards above!


Comments

Popular Posts