Watercolour and Pied Fly-catcher.

August. Where did July go? We have been home for 3 weeks now, and the days have just flown past. Family gatherings, being out with the boat, crayfish party, Toto concert, lumberjack duties around the summer cottage, etc. etc. I guess I do not actually have to wonder why the time has flown past, we have been busy!
Yesterday was the first day I had no other program, so I took out my sketch bag and painted a little. I also had a small visitor/patient. He/She flew against the window here on the terrace where I am sitting. I lifted it up on the fence and gave it some time to recover.  Luckily it took flight and disappeared into the forest about half an hour later.

Painting on the terrace table.

Watercolour. If you remember my photos from last post you will recognise this view.

My visitor/patient. A juvenile (female?) Pied Fly-catcher. (at least I think it is)

She flew against the window, but luckily only got a minor concussion, because she recovered and flew away a while later.

I will leave you this week with a video I made yesterday:





Comments

Popular Posts