Exhibition coming up!

A month has passed already since I wrote last. Can you believe that it will be June in just a few days time?!? Well, I have a hard time believing it...

I have been absent from the social media for a few weeks. I have worked a little, not much but enough to get a few paintings finished for my upcoming exhibition. I have also had family visiting with whom I travelled to Japan for 2 weeks, and then I have battled with a nasty sinus infection. No wonder that time flies by so fast I guess...

Sunday 28th is approaching. It will be a big day for me, as it is the opening of my first ever exhibition here in China. Sunday 28th at 14:00 o'clock. I am so excited!! I was there yesterday at the gallery to bring the last 3 paintings and see how far they had come with the hanging of my other paintings. I think my paintings looks at home there, and I hope the exhibition will be a success. I took a lot of pictures and even filmed a little. I will take more pictures on Sunday, so next week I will share with you lots and lots of pictures from the gallery and exhibition!!

The invitation card the gallery made for me. It will fold in two, so the white side is the front, and the red is the back.

Inside one of my paintings, and a short artist statement.

Today I have decided to share with you all the paintings I got finished since my last post:

Green mist. Acrylic and oil on canvas, 30x40cm. Normally I find green a difficult colour, but here it just happened and flowed and I am in love with it. White egret reference photo with kind permission from Karen Broemmelsick from the Facebook group 'Photos for artists'.

Sandy Breeze. Acrylic and oil on canvas, 30x30cm. Great blue heron reference with kind permission from Russ Bridges from the Facebook group 'Photos for artists'.

Golden wingbeats. Acrylic and oil on canvas, 30x30cm. Flying barn owl reference with kind permission from Julie Mitchelle from the website Paint my photo.

Pink magnolia. Acrylic and oil on canvas, 40x30cm. 

White magnolia. Acrylic and oil on canvas, 35x30cm.

Fire diver. Acrylic and oil on canvas, 50x50cm. Great crested Grebe reference with kind permission from Paul from the website 'Paint my photo'. This painting is not totally finished, but I brought it to the gallery anyway. The bird itself is done, but the reflections in the 'water' still needs to have some work done. I want the reflections to drip down and become more a part of the background than it is now.

Turquoise Mist 1. Acrylic and oil on canvas, 50x50cm. Peacock reference with kind permission from Hannah Davies from the website Paint my photo. The background became a little more even in colour than I had visioned. I overworked it a little. But that is how we learn. Now I have to make a few more and remember to stop earlier when it is in a more 'rougher' state...

Turquoise Mist 2. Same as above. Reference photo with kind permission from Lynnie from the website Paint my photo. These colours were an absolute joy to work with, and I think that these peacocks are my fastest birds so far. When I say fast I mean that I finished these with only 2 layers of paint!! 

Now I will continue with my 'secretary duties' and update my website, but first I will make a cup of tea. Everything is better with a cup of tea!


Comments

Popular Posts