This and that...

Greetings from Finland! This winter I didn't get to see and feel a real winter only once, but twice! And there is quite some whirly snowfall outside while I am writing this. I love winter and snow and ice... I do complain when it is slippery outside, but I love it anyway!

My visit home this time is on a more somber note. My father in law passed away. It is still very unreal somehow. I know it is the way of life, but we had all thought that he would have had at least a few more years amongst us. For the moment there is not much I can say, except for rest in peace Reima!

I took some canvases and painting material with me, and I have set up a small studio in my parents living room while I am home. I have contacted the Gallery in Shanghai and asked if I can move the exhibition to the end of March. So lets see what they say, and I will keep you posted.

I've set up my temporary studio in a corner of my parents living room. I have covered everything in old sheets as to protect the surfaces from paint.

On the easel at the moment: a magnolia painting I started in Shanghai.

Here is the same painting before I started with oils.

The swan is almost finished. It will have to wait for the last touch ups until I am back in my studio.

When your protective under paper is more beautiful than your painted backgrounds... Maybe I can glue this down on a canvas and see how it works. I think that I one day have to try to buy un-stretched canvas to use as 'under paper' on my table and see if I can get these overspills captured that way...

A small 20x20cm canvas waiting for a flower. Or a bird. I haven't decided which one yet.

My posts will probably be irregular for time, but then again, that is nothing new... Until next time!



Comments

Popular Posts