Baden Switzerland

This vacation has started beautifully. We left Shanghai a week ago, and we have since then spent a couple of days in Baden in Switzerland, and the rest of the week in Budapest, Hungary. Now we are in Finland, and it feels so good being home! We means not only my hubby and me, but also my hubby’s colleague John and his wife Kim!

My exhibition this summer will be in the tourist centre of our local national park, so my birds should fit right in! It will run from first of August until the centre closes in October. More info as soon as I have made the poster, which will be next week sometime. We will be going out to the archipelago for a few days, and I won’t spend much time on the computer. There will be more ‘important’ stuff to do like fishing, chopping wood, barbequing, sauna bathing and such at the summer cottage away from civilisation! *big happy smile*


Today I will share with you some of my photos from Baden. Baden is an old small mountain village close to Zürich. The word picturesque came to mind quite a few times while walking around the old city that for almost a thousand years has been a spa retreat, known for its natural mineral hot springs. The boys had a job meeting there, and we girls went out to explore the city.

View from our hotel room.

If you looked a little further to the right from here yo could se mountain tops with snow on them, but they were so far off that I couldn't get a good picture of them.

School house.

This is down town city centre. Old stone houses dating as far back as the 14th century.







Fountains everywhere!

And not only for show, you could actually fill your water bottles at them!

A kir royal to celebrate vacation.

Geese. Or a goose and his harem.

Beautiful different colours of hydrangea.

And I even found a small shop that had Finnish products for sale!

Dinner at a restaurants that had table cloth of paper and crayons for your amusements while waiting for the food… We used them!! 
The boys having a drink after work was done on a nice panorama terrace on the roof of our hotel!

In my next post I will share with you my photos from Budapest. But first I will jump in the boat and leave town for almost a week! 

Comments

Popular Posts