New apartment and NEW STUDIO!!

We found an apartment both me and my hubby really like, and since my last post we have moved in and I have got almost everything organized how I want it. I also had time to spend the Chinese new year in Rizhao, but now I'm back in Shanghai again and ready to start working in my new studio!

You can't believe how thrilled I am over my new work space! It is bigger, lighter and I feel happy just being in here!

My first cuppa tea in the studio while covering up the floor. The view is maybe not that inspiring, but the window is big and is letting in a lot of daylight!

I don't want to ruin the floor with paint splatters, so I covered it up with a sturdy plastic and cardboard boxes. I then used packing tape to seal the edges and voila: I have a floor I can be really messy on without staining the floor!

When the floor was done I moved in and started emptying my moving boxes.

We bought a bookshelf from Ikea to hold all my art books and journal. The white table belongs to the apartment, so I wrapped it in paper. It looks a little funny now, but at least it's protected from paint!


Here it is after I organized it. My work desk is adjustable, and right now I have it at standing hight. It is new and I am so pleased with it. It's just 2 trestles with a wooden table top.

The walls are just painted plaster, so when we move out again it will only take some new paint to cover up any mess I probably am going to make!

Here you can see the desk table wrapped in paper. Now I only have to add a few hooks to the walls so that I can hang up more of my work in progress. It looks very neat and organized for the moment but I can promise you it won't stay like this for long… ;)

Comments

  1. Congrats! It looks really nice! There is light enough which is so important! Thanks for sharing! Greetings, Man With Van Harrow Ltd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, light is indeed important, and I'm so happy that I now have lots of natural light when I paint!

      Delete
  2. Lovely apartment! I bet you can't wait to have paint splattered on that floor. I'm glad you decided to cover the floors up with cardboard to avoid giving the landlords a hard time. You are such a reliable and efficient tenant, Jenny! Thanks for sharing that! Kudos and all the best to you! :)

    Lois Becker @ Finlay Brewer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lois! I do enjoy this apartment and I feel quite at home. By now I have some splatter on the floor, and there is more to come! I had to cover up the floor, ruining a perfectly good wooden floor with acrylic and oil colors is not my style…
      All the best to you too, and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts