Exhibition up and running!

The opening of my exhibition 'Birds and people' together with sculptor Hillevi Latvalahti in Gallery Karaija on Saturday went very well. A lot of people came visiting, and it is always nice to hear compliments on ones work... ;-)

Unfortunately I forgot to take my camera out of my purse, so I have no pictures from the opening night... My cousin did make a few photographs though, but until I get them I have some pictures from the hanging day to share with you!

Gallery Karaija is an old barn that have been renovated to house a Gallery and art shop. They specialize in nature and bird art, so it is a perfect surrounding for my paintings. All the walls in the exhibition part of the gallery were mine to fill, and the sculptor Hillevi Latvalahti placed her sculptures of birds and people on the 'tables' and in the window sills. I think that our works fit really well together.

The last wall to be filled with my paintings. The uneven wall was easy to hang paintings on, you didn't have to be too precise, and I thought they made a beautiful natural backdrop for my birds! 

 My mother and the sculptor Hillevi talking. Here you can also see into the art-shop part of the gallery.

 Me having a drinking pause.

 And this is how it looked when everything was ready.





And the last corner. Hillevi also brought two Kingfishers in cheramic's. You would almost think that it was agreed that we would make these artworks, they suited so well together!

And that was it. I am very proud of the exhibition, and it is of course absolutely great to hear all the lovely comments on my work. I had hoped that they would be well received, but actually hearing it is a different matter.

A huge Thank you to the gallery holder Maarit Lassila who made this possible, and thank you to all the visitors who made my day!!

Comments

Popular Posts