Siberian Jay

I have been painting and playing in the studio, so here is an update:

'Morning song', oil and collage on canvas board, 20x20 cm. Siberian Jay (Lavskrika) The 4th of 8 in this series. I think is my new favorite. When I visit Finland this summer I have to go hunting for new song books and other old letters and books to use for my collage background. I only have an old swedish song book here with me in China, and I think I would like to be able to choose from both english and finnish songs as well. I prefer old/wintage ones, because they are already 'weathered', and I don't have to worry so much about more yellowing of the pages. The song sheets that I have used so far in all my paintings, are from an old song book that my mother used in school when she was a young girl!

5 paintings that are all just about one last layer from being finished. I'm working on the robin right now and hope to get him done yet today.

Two new backgrounds that I have been playing with yesterday and today. I needed a brake from all the  small detailed work I have been doing when finishing the birds above... The backgrounds are always the most fun to make.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts